All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe richest, most fulfilling love of your life is yet to come! The Authentic Heart offers practical, wise, and compassionate guidance for midlife love. --Jack Kornfield, author of A Path with Heart and After the Ecstasy, the Laundry The Authentic Heart is a groundbreaking, insightful, warmly written book that I highly recommend to anyone wanting more loving, joyful relationships. John Amodeo addresses with great clarity, wisdom, and practicality the key steps that are necessary for building authentic, mature, loving connections--t only with others, but also with oneself. --John Bradshaw, New York Times bestselling author of Healing the Shame that Binds You Just what millions want to kw--t only how to make love last but how to make lasting love new again and again. This warmhearted and clearheaded book is full of practical wisdom. --Gay Hendricks, Ph.D., and Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D., authors of Conscious Loving and The Conscious Heart As you enter midlife, you may feel that something you've always longed for has never happened. Frustrated, you may give up on love or cling to young images of romantic love, hoping that ather person will furnish happiness. You may experience a growing sense of depression, anxiety, or cynicism. But as psychotherapist and relationship expert Dr. John Amodeo explains, authentic love takes time and maturity. At midlife, you hold the extraordinary potential to become more fully awake and alive in your relationships than ever before. In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Amodeo helps you rediscover love at its best. You'll learn how to overcome the psychological obstacles that have kept you from developing satisfying relationships. And you'll learn the eight enriching steps that release your authentic self for the fullness of genuine connection. Whether you're seeking true love for the first time or wish to deepen the joy and meaning in your current relationship, The Authentic Heart guides you along the path to a more vibrant partnership in the prime of your life.
- Author BiographyJOHN AMODEO, Ph.D., with over twenty years of experience counseling clients, is the author of Love & Betrayal and Being Intimate. A former contributing editor for Yoga Journal, he has taught workshops and classes at Esalen Institute, the Omega Institute, the New York Open Center, and elsewhere. Dr. Amodeo has made appearances on CNN, CNBC, Donahue, and other national television and radio programs.
- Author(s)John Amodeo
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2001
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.