All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new mathematically-based structure for language allows for a new context with which one can make verifiable predictions about: material, life, mind, and the spiritual intent of (creative) existence.
- Author BiographyDouglas Draco Hunter is the pseudonym for an assistant professor of physics, who has read the book, A New Copernican Revolution and talked with B. Bash and P. Coatimundi. Dr. Hunter has been impressed with the work they are doing, ie challenging the basis of the language with which to describe the patterns of the physical world. Such a need has been foretold by Godel's incompleteness theorem. Namely, Bash, Coatimundi, and Hunter, are doing what physical science should be doing, and that is, searching for a new language with which to express ideas about the physical world. This needs to be done in order to describe, in a predictive way, the patterns of physical data: (1) That has already been uncovered and (2) Newly predicted patterns, that is the theory itself tells the person what patterns to look for. When the currently accepted physical theory predicts patterns it is not clear that the pattern is really what it claims the pattern to be. This is because modern physics describes nothing of any practical importance, namely, particle physics is not being used to describe the nucleus. Dr. Hunter is quite aware that the peer review process demands orthodoxy, but new ideas and a new basis for language are what the physical sciences really need. However, such an endeavor is not part of a professional discipline, whose focus is on describing the patterns that follow technology, and the data associated to the instruments of that technology, eg particle accelerators, and subsequently to the great effort being made to engineer ever more terrible bombs. Dr. Hunter is using a pseudonym because he does not want to jeopardize his own career, yet he feels like a servant trying to save his stronger master. He is attempting to save the physical sciences from the problems that have been caused by the professional discipline's, ie his master's, own weaknesses. Namely emphasizing the authority of science, and letting certain personalities dictate the direction of science, and not emphasizing the mystery from which science comes from. The ideas expressed by Dr. Hunter in the book, The Authority of Material vs. The Spirit are some of the most creative and most original ideas that have been expressed in a 100 years. He wrestles materialism to the floor, defeats it, and then, following Bash and Coatimundi, gives a more comprehensive context for all of physical description, he then tops this off, by returning to man, his spiritual heritage. The spirit is framed within a physical theory which also describes the material world, so that the spirit is described and based on a verifiable description. He then gives instruction on how to interpret the mathematical patterns that are used to describe the physical world.
- Author(s)Douglas D. Hunter
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication14/03/2006
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight834 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.