CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes, all a student needs to succeed is a friend. Every day, thousands of students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) struggle to stay afloat at school-sometimes bullied, often ostracized. Mastering academics can be hard eugh without the added challenge of navigating social situations that neurotypical kids take for granted. If students with ASD had a peer to model and reinforce socially appropriate behavior and coach them through schoolwork, it could help them feel at home in the student population. This inspirational new book describes how to set up just such a peer-mentoring organization in your school or community. With a clear understanding of the needs of students with ASD and the kids who will be their guides, Kukoff provides: Steps for organizing and implementing your own Autism Ambassadors program Clear-cut guidelines on the responsibilities of student ambassadors, plus peer-support strategies to improve the ambassador experience More than a hundred specific interventions any student can employ with students with ASD A path for students with ASD to become Autism Ambassadors themselves Based on the methodology of Applied Behavior Analysis-the gold standard in autism intervention-but created and led by students, the Autism Ambassadors curriculum will promote leadership and improve the school experience for all students.
- Author BiographyZak Kukoff is an 18-year-old social entrepreneur based in Westlake Village, California, and, at the time of this book's printing, a senior at Westlake High School. Zak is the founder of Autism Ambassadors, a nonprofit that builds friendships between students with special needs and typical students in more than 25 schools throughout the United States and abroad. In his spare time, he volunteers at the Westminster Free Clinic, which provides free medical services for those without healthcare. He also writes for the Huffington Post Education Section and helps organize both TEDxConejo and TEDxYouth@Conejo. He previously founded the education-technology startup TruantToday. His work has been featured in the New York Times, TechCrunch, Bloomberg View, The Next Web, and other well-known publications, and has been honored by the Clinton Global Initiative and NBC Education Nation. Contact him on twitter: @zck.
- Author(s)Zak Kukoff
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.