All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Autism Job Club is a groundbreaking book for bringing adults with autism and other neuro-diverse conditions into the work world. The book has its basis in the autism job club that the authors have been part of in the San Francisco Bay Area, the job-creation and job-placement efforts the club has undertaken, and similar efforts throughout the United States. The authors review the high unemployment rates among adults with autism and other neuro- diverse conditions more than two decades after the ADA. National data on autism employment and unemployment with the individual employment searches of job club members. Bernick and Holden also outline and explain six strategies that, taken together, will reshape employment for adults with autism: *The art of the autism job coach. *The autism advantage in techlogy employment. *Autism employment and the internet ecomy. *Autism employment and the practical/craft ecomy. *Autism and extra-governmental job networks. *Autism and public service employment. The Autism Job Club will be a vital resource for adults with autism, their families, and advocates who are committed to neuro-diverse employment, t unemployment. But it will also speak to a far broader audience interested in how to carve out a place for themselves or others in an increasingly competitive job world.
- Author BiographyMichael Bernick has held several senior positions in California government, including Director of the California state labor department. Since 2004, he has been a Fellow in employment with the Milken Institute and counsel with Sedgwick LLP in San Francisco. Richard Holden he has been the Regional Commissioner for the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in San Francisco. He served previously as Research Director of the California Labor department.
- Author(s)Michael S. Bernick,Richard Holden
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note20 B&W illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.