The BBC National Short Story Award: 2011 by Jon McGregor, Alison Macleod, M. J. Hyland (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.02+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.16Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.36
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together some of Britain's most talented and inventive authors of short fiction, this anthology is a compilation of the top five entries short-listed for the BBC National Short Story Award. Themes of desire, envy, and disconnection provide recurring motifs for these stories--the extremes that love can endure and what happens when love is t eugh. A testament to the high quality of short story writing today, this collection will interest avid readers as well as creative writing and literature students.
- Author BiographyM. J. Hyland is a lecturer in creative writing at the University of Manchester and the author of several books, including Carry Me Down, How the Light Gets In, and This Is How. She is the recipient of the Encore and Hawthornden prizes, and her work is regularly featured in publications such as the Financial Times, the London Review of Books, and the Irish Independent. Alison MacLeod is a part-time lecturer at the University of Chichester and the author of The Changeling and The Wave Theory of Angels. She is the recipient of the Society of Authors' Olive Cook Prize for Short Fiction and her work has been widely featured, including in London Magazine, Prospect, and in the anthology The New Uncanny. Jon McGregor is an author of novels that include Even the Dogs and So Many Ways to Begin. He has twice been nominated for the Booker Prize and his short stories have been published in such literary magazines as Granta. K. J. Orr is an award-winning writer who has been short-listed for awards that include the London Writers' Prize. She was included in the anthology Cheque Enclosed. D. W. Wilson is a writer and the author of the short story collection Once You Break a Knuckle. He is the recipient of the University of East Anglia's inaugural Man Booker Prize Scholarship. Sue MacGregor is a writer and a longtime broadcaster with the BBC, for which she was named a Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.
- Author(s)Alison Macleod,Jon McGregor,M. J. Hyland
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Out-of-print date08/07/2015
- Width110 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited bySue MacGregor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.