All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA much-loved Roald Dahl story w in large, full colour format. When Sophie is snatched from her bed in the middle of the night by a giant with a stride as long as a tennis court she is sure she's going to be eaten for breakfast. But luckily for Sophie, the BFG is far more jumbly than his disgusting neighbours, whose favourite pastime is guzzling up whoppsy-whiffling human beans. Sophie is determined to stop all this, and so she and the BFG cook up an ingenious plan to rid of the world of the Bloodbottler, the Fleshlumpeater and all their rotsome friends forever.
- Author BiographySitting in a hut at the bottom of his garden, surrounded by odd bits and pieces such as a suitcase (used as a footrest), his own hipbone (which he'd had replaced) and a heavy ball of metal foil (made from years' worth of chocolate wrappers), Roald Dahl wrote some of the world's best-loved stories including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Twits, The Witches, The BFG, Fantastic Mr Fox, James and the Giant Peach and lots more. Quentin Blake is one of Britain's most successful illustrators. He has illustrated nearly three hundred books and he was Roald Dahl's favourite illustrator. He has won many awards including the Whitbread Award and the Kate Greenaway Medal and taught for over twenty years at the Royal College of Art. In 1999 he became the first ever Children's Laureate and in 2013 he was knighted in the New Year's Honours.
- Author(s)Roald Dahl
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width198 mm
- Height268 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Quentin Blake
- Edition StatementColour Edition
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.