All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA delightful story rich in African Caribbean lore underpinned by the role of the grandparent and the related range of language which envelops the family spread of the diaspora, and appealing as it seems, to both parent and child. I liked the ending, and wish you all the best with your journey into publication, and happiness with your writing, which you obviously love.
-Ann Walters, Educator/Literary Appraiser, Canada
It is a good work aimed at both new and potential parents, set around what seems any essentially amicable home situation, but with multi-cultural American Caribbean overtones enhanced by language.
-Easton Lee, Folklorist, Cultural Icon and Author, Florida, USA
The story seems more to target parents and other adults who have to relate to children than children themselves. For the most part, each chapter could be read at bedtime as a separate approach (rendering) to the same child's experience. Graymaw and the Little Mother are always around all of us.
-Karlene Morgan, Entrepreneur, Jamaica
An authentic case of a maturing child and story, leading up to that crucial smile, and written with Cordella's flair and style.
-Paul Whylie, Writer, FRANCE
- Author(s)Cordella Wallace Lewis
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.