Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.04
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $32.82
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.41
- AU $42.00Trending at AU $42.81
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.96
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.22
- AU $48.73Trending at AU $50.83
About this product
- DescriptionThe hands-on guide to creating the first date she'll never forget. Whether you're a kitchen vice or a seasoned pro, this is your step-by-step blueprint on how to achieve top-chef prowess on the first date - and beyond!
- Author BiographyFrom a very young age, Chef Chris De Luca has known exactly what he wants to do. His career in the kitchen started as a dishwasher for the family catering business, and as he quickly worked his way up through the ranks Chris found the fast pace, organization, hand-eye coordination, and natural palate needed to be successful in the culinary industry were all things he possessed and enjoyed using. In 1991, at the age of 19, Chris relocated to Florida from Massachusetts. Armed with a will to learn and desire to cook, he started as a dishwasher at St. Charles Harbour, an elite yacht club residential community. His fast-rising career took him to some of Florida's most prestigious restaurants including the Grill Room at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples, a Mobil Five-Star Rating and AAA Five Diamond Award property. At the Grill, Chris was fortunate to work alongside renowned chefs including Omar Hafidi, Pierre Dousson, and the great Paul Bocuse. Six years later Chris returned to St. Charles Harbour as executive chef, bringing with him a wealth of knowledge and skills. After three successful years at St. Charles, Chris spent the next seven years heading the kitchens of some of South Florida's finest restaurants, bringing his talent and enthusiasm for simple, refined food to his growing following. Having mastered three decades of culinary trends and forming his own concepts of food and cooking, Chris became a culinary force in the kitchens where he took the reins. Outside the kitchen, Chris is an ISSA certified fitness trainer IIIand enjoys all sports. He's active in the Make-A-Wish foundation of Southern Florida, which grants the wishes of children with life-threatening conditions, and has served as a mentor in Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America. As a chef, Chris's goal is to bring the simple techniques and pleasures of cooking to people everywhere, and especially to show single guys that this attainable skill can bring a new dynamic to the dating landscape. With his passion for great cooking and his desire to educate and entertain, Chris has become an inspiration to folks everywhere and to the women who benefit from their guy friends' newfound culinary skills.
- Author(s)Chris de Luca
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.