Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionAnya has been backpacking in the Spice Islands, but her last postcard home arrived months ago. Now her anxious father, Francesco, has gone in search of her. Almost within sight of land, the ferry he's travelling on sinks and Francesco and two other Europeans are washed ashore on the island Anya was heading for. They are immediately arrested but when Francesco shows the local police captain a photo of himself with the country's president they are swiftly released under surveillance. Francesco has unwittingly unleashed a deadly chain of events that leaves them all at the mercy of the conflicting ambitions of the Christian police chief and the Muslim army colonel.
- Author BiographyGunnar Kopperud was born in Norway in 1946 and studied theatre in Strasbourg and London, later taking a Master's degree in philosophy at the University of Oslo. He has worked as a journalist for, among others, Associated Press and the leading Norwegian daily paper, Dagbladet. He is the author of The Time of Light and Longing. He lives in Norway. Christopher Jamieson is the translator of Longing.
- Author(s)Gunnar Kopperud
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/10/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Norwegian
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byChristopher Jamieson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.