All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Gibson 335 Book tells the story of Gibson s ES-335 and related models, as played by B.B. King, Alvin Lee, and Eric Clapton, among other virtuosos. It s full of great guitars, cool players, and fascinating historical detail. The book traces the story from Gibson s first thinline models to the company s signature instruments and modern re-creations of today. The book is in the tradition of Tony Bacon s bestselling guitar series, with a carefully researched story, a gallery section of full-colour pictures of the most important guitars and players, and a reference section detailing production years and specifications. The 335 was launched in 1958. It had a double-cutaway body, but the interesting features were hidden inside. A solid block in an otherwise hollow body created a new semi-solid structure, cleverly combining the sonic qualities of a hollowbody guitar and a solidbody. Variants included the stereo 345 and the upscale 355, and players have lined up ever since for a taste of these attractively different flavors. Some of those players featured in the book include Larry Carlton, Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters), Peter Hayes (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club), Justin Hayward (Moody Blues), Eric Clapton, Pepper Keenan (Down), B.B. King, Elvin Bishop (Butterfield Blues Band), Alvin Lee (Ten Years After), Alex Lifeson (Rush), Eddie Phillips (the Creation), Johnny Marr (the Smiths), Lee Riteur, Andy Summers (the Police), Bill Nelson (Be-Bop Deluxe), and Andrew White (Kaiser Chiefs).
- Author BiographyTONY BACON (Bristol, England) writes about musical instruments, musicians, and music. He is a co-founder of Backbeat UK and Jawbone Press. His books include Sunburst, The Ultimate Guitar Book, and History of the American Guitar.
- Author(s)Tony Bacon
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplause Theatre Book Publishers
- Content NoteColour photographs throughout
- Weight680 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.