All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to the bad Christian's manifesto, an argument for * keeping faith with scepticism * making a virtue of pleasure * & finding heaven in the ordinary things of life Dave Tomlinson, author of How to be a bad Christian, thinks that a lot of our overly religious, formal ideas of God need to be reinvented - and a lot of our spirituality, too. What does it look like to live well and die happy - from an unapologetically generous Christian point of view? Join Dave as he considers virtues, vices, friendship, morality, mortality - and how to make a sacrament of anything from cigars to chocolate. This book will change the way you think about God - and the way you live your life.
- Author BiographyDave Tomlinson was a house church leader for many years and is now an Anglican priest. Unable to accept the narrow restrictions of his tradition, he founded the legendary Holy Joe's, a church in a pub in Clapham for disaffected church drop-outs. He is now Vicar of St Luke's, Holloway, a thriving parish church in north London. He is the author of the seminal The Post-Evangelical, I Shall Not Want and Re-enchanting Christianity, and is a regular guest on Radio 2.
- Author(s)Dave Tomlinson
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight336 g
- Width146 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.