Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionJack Stallworthy is a bad detective just on the right side of corrupt. But w he's turning criminal...Detective Sergeant Jack Stallworthy has been accepting backhanders for most of his career. And why t? He's spent thirty years putting villains behind bars, surely he's entitled to a little nest-egg? Lily, the pretty wife he dearly loves, dreams of retirement on the tropical island Ko Samui, but Jack will happily settle for a bungalow in Devon. Until, that is, influential businessman Emslie Warnaby offers him paradise on a plate. All he has to do is steal one slim file from the Fraud Investigation office at police HQ. But soon Jack Stallworthy is dangerously out of his depth...
- Author BiographyH. R. F. Keating was born at St Leonards-on-Sea, Sussex, in 1926. He went to Merchant Taylors, leaving early to work in the engineering department of the BBC. After a period of service in the army, which he describes as 'totally undistinguished', he went to Trinity College, Dublin, where he became a scholar in modern languages. He was also the crime books reviewer for The Times for fifteen years. His first novel about Inspector Ghote, The Perfect Murder, won the Gold Dagger of the Crime Writers Association and an Edgar Allen Poe Special Award.
- Author(s)H. R. F. Keating
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Reader
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.