All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYouth subculture in 20th Century Britain is a unique phemen. Throughout the decades, young people sought to define themselves sartorially, reflecting their identity in terms of regionalism, class and crucially, musical taste, through their clothes. This book is a comprehensive survey of over 50 underground 'tribes' that roamed the streets of the UK from the '60s to the '90s. From Mod to Skinhead and Rocker to Riot Grrrl by way of Goth, the look of each movement is captured in meticulously researched, previously unseen archive photography. Explanatory texts in Sam Knee's evocative tone provide context, and an illustration section at the back breaks down each look element by element. This is a key resource for fashion enthusiasts, musos and cultural historians, as well as a powerful, graphic document of Britain's fashion evolution through the ages.
- Author BiographySam Knee is a fashion designer and commentator. His previous books include A Scene In Between (Cicada 2013) and Vintage T-Shirts (Carlton 2007).
- Author(s)Sam Knee
- PublisherCicada Books Limited
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicada Books Limited
- Content Note500 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight1290 g
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.