All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.81Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the combined edition of Ivor Guest's classic two-volume study of the ballet of the Second Empire. An unjustly neglected phase of ballet history, the Second Empire is a continuation of the great Romantic period. All the important figures are vividly brought to life in these pages: Fanny Cerrito, Carlotta Grisi, Carolina Rosati, Amalia Ferraris and the brilliant but tragic Emma Livry. Now established as the authoritative account, The Ballet of the Second Empire is set against the social, literary and artistic background of the time. With many amusing sidelights, the book gives a rich picture of one of the most colourful periods in French social history.
- Author BiographyIvor Guest began his research into the history of ballet over sixty years ago and has published more than thirty books on the subject. Many of his books are standard specialist works, noted not only for the depth of his research and his understanding of the political, social, and artistic background, but for their readability. He has long been prominently involved with the Royal Academy of Dance, which, under his chairmanship from 1969 to 1993, enjoyed a period of great expansion.
- Author(s)Ivor Guest
- PublisherDance Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHampshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDance Books Ltd
- Content Notemonochrome illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Contained items statement100 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.