All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Imperial Bank of Persia, established in 1889, was the first bank to issue banktes and attempt to establish a modern banking system in Iran. Its banktes are, in fact, some of the most beautiful and largest tes ever issued for any nation; yet, the story of the Imperial Bank and its tes is complex and complicated because there are very few remaining specimens, especially of the earliest tes and those of higher deminations. This lavishly illustrated and stochastically printed volume showcases the best and rarest of these banktes while untangling the complex web of branch banks in Iran.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael E. Bonine was a specialist on urbanization of the Middle East and was head of the University of Arizona's School of Middle Eastern & North African Studies.
- Author(s)Michael Bonine
- PublisherAmerican Numismatic Society,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Numismatic Society,U.S.
- Edited byJere Bacharach
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.