All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWidely ackwledged to be the greatest dramatist in the English language, William Shakespeare is also one of the most quoted writers of all time. His plays and sonnets influenced the history of the English language itself, and changed the literary landscape, as famous phrases passed into idiom and general usage. The ermous impression made by Shakespeare also resulted in him being one of the most misquoted writers of all time.This short, accessible collection of quotations is illustrated with facsimile reproductions of the very first printed edition of the work in the British Library. In each case, the words are accompanied by a short description giving context and additional information. Some examples are amongst the most celebrated and familiar of all Shakespeare's lines, while others have been chosen for the importance they hold within the play or the light they throw on a particular character. The Bard in Brief is a perfect introduction to one of literature's most important figures.
- Author BiographyHannah Manktelow is a PhD student at the University of Nottingham and the British Library. She is researching provincial performances of Shakespeare.
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Weight227 g
- Width170 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.