All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn easy to read book that will enlighten vice and experienced horse owners about keeping a horse barefoot, and the use of hoof boots as a highly successful, healthier and modern alternative to metal shoes. The author, a natural hoof-care exponent, provides straightforward, impartial advice on making the transition from shod to barefoot, and discusses the importance of diet and exercise in the maintenance of healthy hooves. She describes different kinds of trim and offers guidance on choosing a hoofcare professional. Barefoot boots are discussed in detail, along with how to choose and fit them. At least one case study is included with each chapter and there are helpful tes on troubleshooting.
- Author BiographyDevon-based Lucy Nicholas is co-proprietor of natural hoof-care wholesaler, Trelawne Equine, as well as the UK's fastest growing online equestrian retailer, The Saddlery Shop. Lucy has owned and ridden horses all her life and is an accomplished rider. She is a recognised expert on barefoot hoofcare, natural horse management techniques and bitting for all disciplines.
- Author(s)Lucy Nicholas
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight277 g
- Width176 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.