All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers everything from the Singapore Sling and the Cosmopolitan to the Manhattan and the classic Martini, shown in more than 800 stunning step-by-step photographs. This is the ultimate home bartender's manual - how to create delicious drinks using spirits, liqueurs, wine, beer and mixers. It offers instructions for making over 600 cocktails and drinks, including all-time classics such as the Dry Martini, Margarita and Grasshopper, and more unusual drinks such as the Blue Hawaiian, Rite of Spring and Passion Punch. It is a complete guide to the different types of drinks and mixers available, including both alcoholic and n-alcoholic drinks. A basic techniques section explains how to measure, mix and pour drinks, with step-by-step photographs. It includes a useful guide to drinks termilogy defining chasers, aperitifs, frappes and much more. This is an essential reference book for every home bartender, covering a vast array of cocktails and drinks, and how to make them. All the cocktail classics are included, as well as some more unusual drinks, including Hammer Horror, Pink Pussycat and Emerald Star. The book examines the different types of alcohol and mixers available, including spirits, liqueurs, fortified wines, beer and wine, plus bartending equipment, glasses, garnishes and presentation. The recipe section of the book is packed with step-by-step instructions for over 600 cocktails and drinks. This is the perfect one-stop source book for all bartenders, professional or amateur.
- Author BiographyStuart Walton has been writing about alcoholic drinks since the early 1990s. A prolific writer and commentator on wines and spirits, he is wine writer on the Sussex Argus, Bella magazine, and the website www.wine-pages.com. He is also the author of The World Encyclopedia of Wine, You Heard It Through The Grapevine; Out Of It: A Cultural History of Intoxication; and co-author of The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Wines, Beers, Spirits and Liqueurs and The Right Wine with the Right Food.
- Author(s)Stuart Walton
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication10/01/2012
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note800 photographs
- Weight635 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.