All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe Basic Practice of Statistics has become a bestselling textbook by focusing on how statistics are gathered, analyzed, and applied to real problems and situations and by confronting student anxieties about the course s relevance and difficulties head on. With David Moore s pioneering data analysis approach (emphasizing statistical thinking over computation), engaging narrative and case studies, current problems and exercises, and an accessible level of mathematics, there is more effective textbook for showing students what working statisticians do and what accurate interpretations of data can reveal about the world we live in. In the new edition, you will once again see how everything fits together. As always, Moore s text offers balanced content, beginning with data analysis, then covering probability and inference in the context of statistics as a whole. It provides a wealth of opportunities for students to work with data from a wide range of disciplines and real-world settings, emphasizing the big ideas of statistics in the context of learning specific skills used by professional statisticians. Thoroughly updated throughout, the new edition offers new content, features, cases, data sources, and exercises, plus new media support for instructors and students including the latest version of the widely-adopted StatsPortal. The full picture of the contemporary practice of statistics has never been so captivatingly presented to an uninitiated audience.
- Author BiographyDAVID S. MOORE is Shanti S. Gupta Distinguished Professor of Statistics at Purdue University, USA. He received his BA from Princeton (1962), USA and PhD from Cornell (1967), USA, both in Mathematics. He has written many research papers in statistical theory and served on the editorial boards of several major journals. He is an elected fellow of the American Statistical Association and of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and an elected member of the International Statistical Institute. He has served as Programme Director for Statistics and Probability at the National Science Foundation. He was the 1998 President of the American Statistical Association.
- Author(s)David S. Moore
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Out-of-print date29/06/2012
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width224 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.