All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow back in print, and in paperback, these two classic volumes illustrate the scope and quality of Royce's thought, providing the most comprehensive selection of his writings currently available. They offer a detailed presentation of the viable relationship Royce forged between the local experience of community and the demands of a philosophical and scientific vision of the human situation. The selections reprinted here are basic to any understanding of Royce's thought and its pressing relevance to contemporary cultural, moral, and religious issues.
- Author BiographyJOHN J. MCDERMOTT is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Texas A&M University.His essays have been collected in two earlier volumes: The Culture of Experience: PhilosophicalEssays in the American Grain and Streams of Experience: Reflections on the History andPhilosophy of American Culture. He is also the editor of a stream of important editions,including The Basic Writings of Josiah Royce, reissued by Fordham in 2005.
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- Series TitleAmerican Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 17
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteports.
- Weight851 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byJohn J. McDermott
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.