All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow back in print, and in paperback, these two classic volumes illustrate the scope and quality of Royce'sthought, providing the most comprehensive selection ofhis writings currently available. They offer a detailedpresentation of the viable relationship Royce forgedbetween the local experience of community and thedemands of a philosophical and scientific vision ofthe human situation.The selections reprinted here are basic to any understandingof Royce's thought and its pressing relevanceto contemporary cultural, moral, and religious issues.
- Author BiographyJOHN J. MCDERMOTT is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Texas A&M University.His essays have been collected in two earlier volumes: The Culture of Experience: PhilosophicalEssays in the American Grain and Streams of Experience: Reflections on the History andPhilosophy of American Culture. He is also the editor of a stream of important editions,including The Basic Writings of Josiah Royce, reissued by Fordham in 2005.
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- Series TitleAmerican Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 17
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteports.
- Weight806 g
- Width151 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byJohn J. McDermott
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.