All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn California in the early 50s, the Fender company introduced the world s first electric bass guitar. They couldn t have kwn it then, but the Precision Bass would start a revolution in the sound of popular music. This book explains how that revolution happened and how its reverberations are still felt today. The two-guitars-bass-and-drums lineup that would define pop music found its heart with the Fender bass. In the coming decades, the bass guitar provided the solid foundation upon which much modern music is still built. The Bass Book is the first to study its story, with the full lowdown of the most important bass players and bass makers. Brands featured in the book include Alembic, Danelectro, Epiphone, Fender, Fodera, Gibson, Hofner, Ibanez, Lakland, Line 6, Music Man, Peavey, Rickenbacker, Sadowsky, Spector, Squier, Steinberger, Wal, Warwick, and Yamaha. Original interviews with makers of bass guitars from the past and present illuminate the book, with the popular establishment of the bass during the 60s and 70s examined in detail, along with more recent developments such as the popularity of the five-string bass. There is an exclusive interview with Paul McCartney and other bassists who feature in the story, including Stanley Clarke, Flea, James Jamerson, Jaco Pastorius, and Robert Trujillo. Dozens of unusual, desirable, and rarely seen basses are presented in high-quality photos. A reference section provides a wealth of information on the key makers. The Bass Book has all you need to kw about the story of the bass guitar in one stylish, readable volume, and this revised and refreshed third edition brings the story right up to date.
- Author BiographyTONY BACON (Bristol, England) writes about musical instruments, musicians, and music. He is a co-founder of Backbeat UK and Jawbone Press. His books include The Ultimate Guitar Book, London Live, and Paul McCartney: Bassmaster. BARRY MOORHOUSE (UK) founded his specialist bass-guitar retail and distribution operation, the Bass Centre, in London in 1984. Now in its fourth decade, it continues as a worldwide operation. Through his associate company, House Music, Barry represents Brian May guitars in partnership with the Queen legend.
- Author(s)Barry Moorhouse,Tony Bacon
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplause Theatre Book Publishers
- Content NoteColour images throughout
- Weight748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.