All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle for Europe brings into sharp focus the historical importance of the current Eurozone crisis. Thomas Fazi argues that European Union (EU) elites have seized on the financial crash to push through damaging neoliberal policies, undermining social cohesion and vital public services. Drawing on a wealth of sources, Fazi argues that the EU's austerity policies are t simply a case of political and ideological short-sightedness, but part of a long-term project by elites to remove the last remnants of the welfare state and complete the neoliberal project. As well as an urgent critique of the EU and monetary union as currently constituted, The Battle for Europe showcases a programme for progressive reform and outlines how citizens and workers of Europe can radically overhaul EU institutions.
- Author BiographyThomas Fazi is a writer, journalist, activist, and filmmaker. He is the author of The Battle For Europe: How an Elite Hijacked a Continent and How We Can Take it Back (Pluto Press, 2014). He has also translated into Italian the works of authors such as Christopher Hitchens, George Soros and Robert Reich. He is a regular contributor to various online and printed publications. His website is thomasfazi.net.
- Author(s)Thomas Fazi
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.