All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle for Junk Ceylon presents a new scholarly edition of the text of the Malay ballad kwn as the Syair Sultan Maulana, together with an English translation. This long poem was written during the second decade of the 19th century by the secretary to the Lakasamana (Admiral) of the sultanate of Kedah. It gives an eye-witness account if the events which occurred during the early part of the reign of Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin, in particular the part played by the Kedah fleet in helping the Siamese to expel the Burmese form the island of Phuket ( Junk Ceylon ) on the west coast of southern Thailand.
- Author BiographyProfessor Skinner (1924) has also edited the Syair Perang Mengkasar (1963) and Ahmad Rijaluddin's Hikayat Perintah Negeri Benggala (1982), and has written a number of articles on Malay transitional Literature. He is Chairman of the Department of Indonesian and Malay at Monash University in Australia.
- PublisherForis Publications,The Netherlands
- Date of Publication01/01/1985
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBiblioteca Indonesica
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintForis Publications,The Netherlands
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.