All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent discovery of the body of King Richard III in Leicester has heightened interest in this key medieval battle. The climatic battle of the Wars of the Roses was fought in Leicestershire in the summer of 1485 when the Lancastrian claimant Henry Tudor faced the Yorkist king, Richard III. The battle ended with King Richard surrounded and cut down by his enemies - the last British king to die in battle. Now the king's body has been found in Leicester and is due to be reburied in the city as the centrepiece of a new interpretation of the battle and the Wars of the Roses. Richard III is one of the best kwn of English kings, chiefly through his portrayal by Shakespeare as an evil crouchback who murdered his nephews (The Princes in the Tower), his brother and others - and the more recent efforts to restore his reputation. This book follows the standard pattern set by others in the Bretwalda Battles series. The reasons for and course of the war in question are outlined, then detailed analyses of weapons, tactics and strategies are given with particular reference to this battle. The course of the battleis then followed, with comment on what there is to see at the site today. Short biographies of the commanders are also given. The aftermath of the battle, its effects and importance to the progress of the war are then described. The Bretwalda Battles series has been running with increasing success as ebooks for some time. Now the first books in the series are being published in print format.
- Author BiographyStephen Lark is a leading member of the Richard III Society. He went to De Montfort University, in Leicester, unknowningly studying just yards from where Richard III's body lay.
- Author(s)Stephen Lark
- PublisherBretwalda Books
- Date of Publication22/08/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBretwalda Battles
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationEpsom
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBretwalda Books
- Content Notec.20
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.