All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn December 1944, the German Army launched an attack through the Ardennes forest that aimed to seize the port of Antwerp and cut the Allied supply lines, hoping to force the Western Allies either to delay their advance on Berlin or agree to a peace settlement. The Battle of the Bulge is a comprehensive history of Germany's last offensive in the West in World War II, the failure of which hastened the end of the war.The successful Allied landings in Normandy in June 1944 had t indicated that all was lost for Germany and the Battle of the Bulge certainly confirmed this, revealing weaknesses in inexperienced American troops and poor Allied defences, as well as German strength in the successful deception by German forces wearing US uniforms. The book's authoritative text is complemented with detailed maps explaining troop movements and appendices with orders of battle. Including more than 150 black-and-white photographs, The Battle of the Bulge is an expert account of Hitler's last hope in the West.
- Author BiographyRobin Cross is the author of, among others, VE-Day: Victory in Europe, Citadel: The Battle of Kursk and Fallen Eagle: The Last Days of the Third Reich. He has also written more than 50 television programmes on 20th century warfare.
- Author(s)Robin Cross
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight816 g
- Width195 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.47Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.