Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis history details the battles that took place in Paulding County, Georgia, during the last week of May 1864. The action begins when Union general William T. Sherman attacks Atlanta and finds himself engulfed in a patch of dense woods kwn as the Hell Hole, face to face with Joe Johnstons Army of Tennessee. The series of skirmishes that ensued, which include New Hope Church, Picketts Mill, and Dallas, comprise a significant phase of the Atlanta Campaign. Fourteen chapters contain meticulously researched information on the weeklong battle and describe the grim realities of trench warfare. Through letters, soldiers lament on the miserable conditions caused by life in the trenches. The author discusses the strategies employed and introduces the major characters behind each conflict. In-depth portrayals of General Sherman, Fighting Joe Hooker, and Patrick Cleburne, the best general in Johnstons army, accompany candid memoirs and diary entries from soldiers at war. Written in the present tense, the book captures the intensity of war, enabling readers to experience the action.
- Author BiographyRussell W. Blount, Jr., serves as the vice president of Surety Land Title, Inc. After earning his BS in history from the University of South Alabama, he taught the subject at the high-school level. He is a member of the Civil War Preservation Trust, Historic Mobile Preservation Society, and the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Blount is also the author of Clash at Kennesaw: June and July 1864, published by Pelican. He lives in Mobile, Alabama.
- Author(s)Russell W. Blount
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/03/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note15 b/w photos, 3 illus., 3 maps
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.