All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionDespite growing up with a widowed and reclusive mother, young Zoe Cunningham retains an unshakable faith in storybook happy endings. When her mother, Anne, finally decides to remarry, Zoe is thrilled with her prospective stepfather, Simon Gould, who is t only wealthy, but also kind and generous. Simon s affection for his new family allows Zoe to pursue what she thinks is an independent life: her own apartment in a fashionable part of London, a university education, casual affairs, and carefree holidays at Simon s villa in Nice. When a series of unexpected calamities intervene, Zoe learns that the idyllic freedom she enjoys has come at a steep price. To preserve both her mother s and her own sense of wellbeing, Zoe must discern the real motives of the strangers on whom she w depends, including the silent and mysterious man whose cturnal movements have attracted her attention.
- Author BiographyAnita Brookner was born in London and, apart from several years in Paris, has lived there ever since. She trained as an art historian and taught at the Courtauld Institute of Art until 1988.
- Author(s)Anita Brookner
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage Contemporaries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight213 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.