All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionNo war cemetery has been so intimately recorded during the years of its creation as that of Bayeux. This account, based on interviews and personal experiences, includes many images, including previously unpublished photographs by Corporal Eric Gunton of Number 32 Graves Registration Unit, who photographed the cemetery as it took shape. Here is a tribute to those - kwn and unkwn - who gave their lives in the Second World War and whose last resting place is this 'corner of a foreign field'.
- Author BiographyWilliam Jordan is an historian and lecturer; since 1991 he has been the Guide-Conferencier des Monuments Historiques et des Sites in Caen, France. He has written several Second World War titles for Pitkin.
- Author(s)William Jordan
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMilitary and Maritime
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitkin Unichrome Ltd
- Content Note41 b/w photos 4 colour photos
- Weight140 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byGill Knappett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.