Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe basic of the BPM technique in the frequency domain relies on treating the slowly varying envelope of the mochromatic electromagnetic field under paraxial propagation, thus allowing efficient numerical computation in terms of speed and allocated memory. In addition, the BPM based on finite differences is an easy way to implement robust and efficient computer codes. This book presents several approaches for treating the light: wide-angle, scalar approach, semivectorial treatment, and full vectorial treatment of the electromagnetic fields. Also, special topics in BPM cover the simulation of light propagation in anisotropic media, n-linear materials, electro-optic materials, and media with gain/losses, and describe how BPM can deal with strong index discontinuities or waveguide gratings, by introducing the bidirectional-BPM. BPM in the time domain is also described, and the book includes the powerful technique of finite difference time domain method, which fills the gap when the standard BPM is longer applicable. Once the description of these numerical techniques have been detailed, the last chapter includes examples of passive, active and functional integrated photonic devices, such as waveguide reflectors, demultiplexers, polarization converters, electro-optic modulators, lasers or frequency converters. The book will help readers to understand several BPM approaches, to build their own codes, or to properly use the existing commercial software based on these numerical techniques.
- Author(s)Gines Lifante Pedrola
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight826 g
- Width174 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.