All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback along with its sequel, what Booklist calls an eerie, atmospheric tale, full of terror and courage, set in a convincingly realized magical realm. Do t wander in the deeps where the Shriker's shadow creeps. When he rises from beneath. Beware the sharpness of his teeth. For over 300 years, a monster kwn as the Shriker has roamed Shalem Wood, terrorizing the villagers who live on its edges and slaughtering those unfortunate eugh to wander on to his path. The people of Noor have lived in fear for so long that most of them have forgotten that once upon a time the Shriker was just a loyal dog, until the day when he was cruelly betrayed by his master and cursed to live a bloodthirsty life, always seeking revenge for the fate his owner dealt him. But Miles and Hanna Ferrell have t forgotten where the Shriker came from--how could they? It was their ancestor who betrayed the dog... A tale of terror and magic that channels Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles, The Beast of Noor tells the story of two siblings determined to set their family free and break the curse of the Shriker or die trying.
- Author BiographyJanet Lee Carey is also the author of The Double Life of Zoe Flynn, Wenny has Wings, Molly's Fire, and The Dragons of Noor. A teacher, she lives with her husband and three sons in Bellvue, Washington.
- Author(s)Janet Lee Carey
- PublisherAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Weight363 g
- Width130 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.