Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive, fully illustrated account of the crucial early years of the world's most influential rock 'n' roll band - and of the city that catapulted them to international stardom. It is the first book to recount the complete story of their experiences there- other fully-illustrated book on the subject exists. It is also the first book to be produced in official association with the Beatlemania museum in Hamburg. Features numerous fresh anecdotes and stories about The Beatles' time in Hamburg along with a wealth of previously unpublished quotes and interviews from those who were there at the time. Features interviews with fellow musicians, business associates, audience members, fans, friends and family members involved with The Beatles during the period 1960 - 1962 when they were regularly playing in Hamburg and for their return Blitztournee tour in 1966. Includes specially photographed items of memorabilia from the Beatlemania museum along with previously unpublished articles from the archives of various Hamburg newspapers.
- Author BiographySpencer Leigh is an acknowledged expert on Mersey Beat and has a wealth of unpublished interview material spanning 25 years. Leigh has more interviews about the Beatles - all captured on tape - than anyone else in the world.His 'On The Beat' programme has been broadcast on BBC Radio Merseyside for over 25 years and has contributed to many BBC documentaries. He writes for The Independent, and Record Collector. Mojo describe him as 'rock music's most enthusiastic amateur historian.'
- Author(s)Spencer Leigh
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Content Notecolour/b&w photos
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.