All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Beer and Food Companion is set to become a classic reference for anyone wishing to pair beer and food, to cook with beer or to discover the delights of both the traditional and modern art of the beer sommelier. Beer has been drunk with food for thousands of years yet only w is it being appreciated as the perfect companion to food. It is even better than wine for pairing with cheese, for example. Tracing the history of beer and food matching, this book educates your palate to recognise the characteristics of a flavoursome beer, with delicious recipes that allow you to cook, pair and appreciate your ale at a whole new level. Profiles of key chefs, restaurateurs, beer experts, beer sommeliers and cicerones from around the world zone in the new and exciting world of beer and food matching, including London pub The Bull, Restobie res in Brussels and Higgins Restaurant in Portland, Oregon. Charts for Beer & Food and Food & Beer pairing provide at-a-glance perfect matches for easy reference when you are sourcing beer. With expert kwledge on the art of marrying flavour and cooking with beer, you will quickly come to recognise the rich and rewarding combination of porter and chocolate desserts, the delicate counterbalance of a wheat beer with seafood, or the pleasing combination of a hoppy pale ale with a mild curry.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN BEAUMONT is an author and journalist who has been writing about beer and food for over 20 years. Based in Toronto, Canada, Stephen has written for a very wide range of publications, from the International Herald Tribune to Wine Enthusiast Magazine. He is co-author, with Tim Webb, of the bestselling World Atlas of Beer and the Pocket Beer Book. He has also written, co-written or contributed to 10 books. He blogs at worldofbeer.wordpress.com.
- Author(s)Stephen Beaumont
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Notec.250 colour photography
- Weight1134 g
- Width210 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.