All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Behavior Guide to African Mammals is as different from a conventional field guide as motion pictures are from a snapshot. Whether we are able to look at them face to face, on television, or in the hundreds of illustrations provided here by Daniel Otte, this guide allows us to understand what animals do and what their behavior means. Drawing on his own extensive fieldwork and on the research of many other scientists, Richard Despard Estes describes and explains the behavior of four major groups of mammals. Estes' remarkably informative guide is as up-to-date for the zoologist as it is accessible for the interested onlooker.
- Author BiographyRichard Estes is one of the world's foremost experts on the social ecology of African mammals. Daniel Otte is Curator and Chairman of the Department of Entomology at the Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia. E. O. Wilson is Frank B. Baird, Jr., Professor of Science and Curator in Entomology at Harvard University and co-author of The Ants (1990).
- Author(s)Richard D. Estes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note46 b/w photographs, 338 line illustrations, 90 maps, 56 tables
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Daniel Otte
- Foreword byEdward O. Wilson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.