The Behavior of Shells Composed of Isotropic and Composite Materials by Jack R. Vinson (Hardback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $289.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $63.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShell structures are used in all phases of structures, from space vehicles to deep submergence hulls, from nuclear reactors to domes on sport arenas and civic buildings. With new materials and manufacturing methods, curved thin walled structures are being used increasingly. This text is a graduate course in the theory of shells. It covers shells of isotropic materials, such as metal alloys and plastics, and shells of composite materials, such as fibre reinforced polymer, metal or ceramic matrix materials. It provides the essential information for an understanding of the underlying theory, and solution of some of the basic problems. It also provides a basis to study the volumius shell literature. Beyond being primarily a textbook, it is intended also for self study by practising engineers who would like to learn more about the behaviour of shells. The book has two parts: Part I deals with shells of isotropic materials. In this part the mathematical formulations are introduced involving curvilinear coordinates. The techniques of solutions and resulting behavior is compared to planar thin walled isotropic structures such as plates and beams. Part II then treats the behavior of shells, involving anisotropic composite materials, so widely used today. The analysis involves the complications due to the many elastic constants, effects of transverse shear deformation, thermal thickening and offer effects arising from the properties of composite materials.
- Author BiographyDr. Vinson is the H. Fletcher Brown Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Delaware. In 1977 he received the ONR-AIAA Structural Mechanics Award for his research in composite materials, and in 1981 he was awarded an ASME Centennial Award. He is active as a consultant to government and industry. He recently received a Fellowship from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science for 1985. He has been Chairman of the American Organizing Committee for the Japan-United States Conferences on Composite Materials three times (1981, 1983 and 1986).
- Author(s)Jack R. Vinson
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication31/01/1992
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSolid Mechanics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 18
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight978 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.