Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bells of St. Luke - The Riverpoint crimes. Is Vince Ruperti a murderer? He doesn't believe so, but he is a deeply disturbed individual with a severe personality disorder. He hates Father Dominic, who molested him at an early age, and he wishes him dead. But is he capable of murder? The priest dies in a fall from a ladder while winding the ancient clock in the bell tower of St. Luke, and the investigation reveals that it was accident. Vince is put on trial and found t guilty by reason of diminished mental capacity. After a short term in a mental institution, psychiatric evaluation deems him rehabilitated and he returns to his job as associate professor at the State College. When he discovers that Christine, his only friend since kindergarten, is involved in a sexual relationship with Sebastian, the new young priest, Vince is determined to put a stop to it. Father Sebastian is found bludgeoned to death and again Vince Ruperti is implicated. Although he never admits, even to himself, that he committed a crime, neither the psychologist r his lawyer can save him from imprisonment in a penitentiary for the criminally insane. Behind bars, wracked by recurring phases of delusion alternating with sanity, confusion and paraia, he determines to end it all. Will he find a way, in an institution where sharp objects or blunt instruments, t even a belt or shoe laces are to be found?
- Author BiographyPeter Haase grew up in Germany during WWII and its aftermath. He left his native country in 1955 and made his home in Ecuador, South America. Five years later, he and his family settled in New York City. He retired after twenty-four years with a large Japanese trading company. A sailor from his early childhood, he embarked on a life at sea. For eleven years he lived on his sailboat in the Caribbean, the Bahamas and the Florida Keys. He now lives in Stuart, Florida near the ocean he calls the ultimate freedom.
- Author(s)Peter Haase
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.