All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis moving collection of true stories about gay weddings shows how LGBT couples have overcome cultural and personal obstacles to their unions, made wedding traditions their own, and what everyone can learn from them. Told in a series of essays that mimics the course of a traditional wedding, from engagement to walking down the aisle to the honeymoon and beyond, The Best Party of Our Lives invites readers to reflect on what makes their own relationships unique, and the significance of public celebrations of love. With chapters each focusing on a different couple's love story, the challenges they faced, and the lessons they learned, the book offers a kaleidoscopic portrait of the changing face of marriage. The perspective these trailblazing couples gain by examining and remaking marriage for themselves will inform anyone who is planning a wedding and inspire anyone who has ever been in love.
- Author BiographySarah Galvin is the author of the Stranger newspaper's Wedding Crasher column about attending weddings (which she was invited to, though the name would suggest otherwise), among others. She has an MFA in poetry from the University of Washington, and her first book of poems, The Three Einsteins, was published in October 2014 by Poor Claudia.
- Author(s)Sarah Galvin
- PublisherSasquatch Books
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintSasquatch Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.