The Best Place to Work: The Art and Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace by Ron Friedman Phd, Professor Ron Friedman (CD-Audio, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor readers of Malcolm Gladwell, Daniel Pink, and Freakomics, comes a captivating and surprising journey through the science of workplace excellence. Why do successful companies reward failure? What can casis teach us about building a happy workplace? How do you design an office that enhances both attention to detail and creativity? In The Best Place to Work, award-winning psychologist Ron Friedman, Ph.D. uses the latest research from the fields of motivation, creativity, behavioral ecomics, neuroscience, and management to reveal what really makes us successful at work. Combining powerful stories with cutting edge findings, Friedman shows leaders at every level how they can use scientifically-proven techniques to promote smarter thinking, greater invation, and stronger performance. Among the many surprising insights, Friedman explains how learning to think like a hostage negotiator can help you diffuse a workplace argument, why placing a fish bowl near your desk can elevate your thinking, and how incorporating strategic distractions into your schedule can help you reach smarter decisions. Along the way, the book introduces the inventor who created the cubicle, the president who brought down the world's most dangerous criminal, and the teenager who single-handedly transformed professional tennis-vivid stories that offer unexpected revelations on achieving workplace excellence. Brimming with counterintuitive insights and actionable recommendations, The Best Place to Work offers employees and executives alike game-changing advice for working smarter and turning any organization-regardless of its size, budgets, or ambitions-into an extraordinary workplace.
- Author BiographyRon Friedman, Ph.D. is an award-winning psychologist and founder of Ignite80, a management consultancy that teaches leaders and their teams evidence-based practices for building extraordinary workplaces.A human motivation expert, Ron has authored multiple book chapters and academic journal articles on the science of achievement, creativity, and happiness. Prior to launching Ignite80, Ron served on the factually of the University of Rochester, Nazareth College, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges.Popular accounts of Ron's research have appeared on NPR and in major newspapers, including The New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Vancouver Post, the Globe and Mail, The Guardian, as well as magazines such as Men's Health, Shape, and Allure.
- Author(s)Professor Ron Friedman,Ron Friedman Phd
- PublisherGildan Media Corporation
- Date of Publication28/06/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGildan Media Corporation
- Weight204 g
- Width145 mm
- Height132 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read byWalter Dixon
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time495
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $34.22Trending at AU $38.86
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $37.42
- AU $18.92Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $15.19Trending at AU $19.84
- AU $12.47Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $16.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.