All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to the party that never ends...When he was 16 he inveigled his way into a Sydney hotel to hang out with the Rolling Stones. From that day on, Richard Clapton knew he was going to be a rock star. It's w almost 50 years since that fateful day - years filled with a lifetime of incredible experiences, outrageous good times and a catalogue of iconic and timeless songs. Through the glory years of rock 'n' roll, in cities as varied as London, Berlin, Sydney, Los Angeles and Paris, Richard forged his own career and built up a significant body of work while living, loving and partying with the biggest names in the Australian and international music world...By his own frank admission, these were years fuelled by prodigious quantities of alcohol and drugs, set against a backdrop of constant recording and touring, of endless partying and wild times. It was to be a rollercoaster ride of euphoric highs and deep, shattering lows. For 40 years, Richard Clapton has been, above all else, a songwriter - a wry observer of human behaviour and an astute commentator on the Australian condition. His best songs - 'Deep Water', 'The Best Years of Our Lives', 'Goodbye Tiger', 'Glory Road', 'Lucky Country', 'Girls on the Avenue', 'Trust Somebody' and 'Capricorn Dancer' - capture the essence of this country and the meaning of our lives like few others...In this extraordinary memoir, Richard employs his songwriter's keen powers of observation, portraiture and storytelling to tell the best story of all: the remarkable one of his own life. Outrageous, funny, insightful and poignant, this is the rock memoir to beat them all. In celebration of 40 years of fabulous music and iconic songs, welcome to The Best Years of Our Lives.
- Author BiographyRichard Clapton is a much-loved legend of Australian music, the performer and songwriter of many iconic Australian hit songs: Deep Water, Best Years of Our Lives, Goodbye Tiger, Glory Road, Lucky Country, I am An Island, Trust Somebody, Capricorn Dancer and Girls on the Avenue...As a producer Richard worked on the second INXS album, Underneath the Colours (1981), which saw the beginning of their rise to fame in the shape of their first two hit singles. He also joined The Party Boys for a period before resuming his solo career...Australian rock music historian, Ian McFarlane described Clapton as one of the most important Australian songwriters . On 12 October 1999, Clapton was inducted into the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Hall of Fame. In 2014 he will be celebrating 40 years in the music industry...
- Author(s)Richard Clapton
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.