All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionWe have lost sight of the big picture, forgetting that success cant be measured in profit alone. This narrow focus, particularly from our political and corporate leaders, is one of the primary reasons for our continuing ecomic crisis. We need a fresh approach to leadership to turn things around. This new leadership must focus on the people who help generate the profits in addition to the profits themselves. In our hyper-connected world of instant information and democratic openness, the importance of a strong community only grows, and companies that continue to neglect their community are poised for failure. Hope for a healthy ecomy can be found in the untapped talent of our people-and in a commitment to excellence as the means for awakening that talent. In The Best in Us, leadership expert and social ethicist Dr. Cleve Stevens, offers a daring and radical new take on leading that emphasizes the rigorous development of leaders and followers. It's the people-centric organizations, the ones fueled by a drive for excellence, that will be the most profitable in the coming decades. The new approach, called transforming integrative leadership, or simply transformative leadership, is a compelling, highly effective step-by-step process. Dr. Stevens shows what the transformative organization looks like and precisely how the intended growth for the individual, the organization, and the bottom line is achieved. The transforming integrative approach outlined in The Best in Us is our best way forward. It's the first brave but necessary step toward a healthy business climate and a reinvigorated global ecomy.
- Author BiographyCleve Stevens has worked in leadership development for twenty-five years. He holds a bachelor's degree from the UC Irvine, a Master of Divinity degree from Princeton Theological Seminary, and a PhD in social ethics from the USC. Cleve has taught at the graduate and undergraduate level and has published numerous articles on leadership and the psychology of leadership. Dr. Stevens is the founder and president of the Los Angeles based leadership consulting firm, Owl Sight Intentions, Inc.
- Author(s)Cleve W. Stevens
- PublisherBeaufort Books
- Date of Publication02/07/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeaufort Books
- Weight703 g
- Width160 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.