All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up as a child in the 80s had its ups and downs - it's perhaps the one decade that, more than any other, begets groans of, oh, what were you thinking? Those 10 years saw some huge changes - pop music went electronic, yuppies ruled the financial world, and fashion was never the same again. Neither was the car. Yes, despite some four-wheeled disasters, the 80s still had plenty of cool cars. The petrol heads of the time lusted after Magnum P.I. s Ferrari 308; they salivated over the Ferrari Daytona and Testarossa from Miami Vice, they watched Back to the Future in cinemas across the country, mesmerised at the sight of the Doc s De Lorean (surely the ultimate in customisation?). Other 80s supercars included Porsche s peerless 911, the original Audi Quattro (a car resurrected on current U.K. television in the show Ashes to Ashes) and the Ford Capri SLE 71R driven by Terry McCann in Minder...the list goes on. Now, 'The Best of Car' takes you back to the days when cars were flash, angular and mean. It s time to don the shades and head out for a cool cruise down the strip. Flick through the glossy pages of what became the bible for aspiring car enthusiasts in the 80s - the only motoring magazine that reflected the true age of excess, and relive those long-forgotten dreams.
- Author BiographyBauer (formerly Emap) is one of the world's largest magazine publishers.
- Author(s)Anova Books
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight897 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.