The Best of Corwin: Educational Neuroscience: Educational Neuroscience in the Classroom by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo assist in the challenges faced by all school leaders, Corwin Press has published thousands of books for teachers and school leaders, including many seminal works that brought together important academic research, creative new ideas, and concrete, practical strategies to help improve the professional lives of educators. Now, Corwin launches its Best of Corwi Series to showcase key chapters from a variety of critically-acclaimed Corwin publications to give readers a useful overview of multiple perspectives on important education issues and topics - like Equity, Techlogy, Differentiated Instruction, and others. This Best of Corwin volume includes some of the most important chapters from Corwin's books on educational neuroscience and brain-compatible teaching. The selected chapters are devoted to understanding what research findings have implications for what we do in schools and classrooms. The chapters for this volume are arranged in three sections. Part I focuses on the developing brain and includes chapters on brain structures, on movement, and on the mysteries of the adolescent brain. Part II looks at the brain in school and includes chapters on how the brain learns to read and calculate, on differences between the male and female brain, and on understanding some of the social and academic needs of students with learning difficulties. Part III contains valuable and tested instructional strategies for all students. It includes chapters on reducing stress in the classroom, and on how to keep the students' brain engaged, focused, and energized.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Sousa, EdD, an international consultant in educational neuroscience, has written 16 books for educators and parents on ways of using brain research to improve teaching and learning. He has conducted workshops for more than two hundred thousand educators in hundreds of school districts on brain research and science education at the pre-K to Grade 12 and university levels. He has presented at national conventions of educational organizations and to regional and local school districts across the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. Dr. Sousa has a bachelor of science degree in chemistry from Bridgewater (Massachusetts) State University, a master of arts degree in teaching science from Harvard University, and a doctorate from Rutgers University. His teaching experience covers all levels. He has taught high school science and has served as a K-12 director of science, a supervisor of instruction, and a district superintendent in New Jersey schools. He has been an adjunct professor of education at Seton Hall University and at Rutgers University. A past president of the National Staff Development Council (now called Learning Forward), Dr. Sousa has edited science books and published numerous articles in leading educational journals on staff development, science education, and brain research. He has received awards from professional associations, school districts, and Bridgewater State University (Distinguished Alumni Award), and several honorary doctorates for his commitment and contributions to research, staff development, and science education. He has been interviewed on the NBC Today show and on National Public Radio about his work with schools using brain research. He makes his home in south Florida.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Best of Corwin
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDavid A. Sousa
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.