The Best of Corwin: Inclusive Practices by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers insights on inclusion from acclaimed authors. The Best of Corwin series showcases key chapters from critically acclaimed Corwin publications for a powerful compilation of perspectives on important education issues and topics. The Best of Corwin: Inclusive Practices features a variety of stellar authors who advocate for students with special needs as integral learners who deserve a high-quality education with their peers. This compilation offers proven inclusion strategies and seamlessly translates research into pragmatic classroom applications for general and special educators. Essential topics include: strategies for creating standards-based IEPs; proven teaching practices for reaching all learners; tools for effective co-teaching ideas for curriculum and assessment accommodations; and, ways to build successful home-school partnerships. The authors provide strategies that span primary and secondary grades and apply across the disciplines to capitalize upon the strengths of teachers, leaders, students, and families. Inclusion is more than a possibility when professionals possess the kwledge, skills, positive attitudes, and professional resources to help all learners achieve success.
- Author BiographyLearn more about Toby Karten's PD offerings Toby J. Karten is an experienced educator who has been immersed in the field of special education for her entire career. As an accomplished author and researcher, she has presented successful staff development to local, national, and international audiences. Toby is affiliated with Drew and Monmouth University and is an adjunct professor and graduate instructor at the Regional Training Center, which is affiliated with Gratz College and The College of New Jersey. Being involved in the field of special education for the past three decades has afforded Ms. Karten an opportunity to help many children and adults from elementary through graduate levels around the world. She has been a resource teacher, staff developer, adult educator, and inclusion coach and consultant in New York and New Jersey schools and in many districts nationally and globally. In addition to her roles as an inclusion coach, student and family advocate, professional developer, mentor and resource teacher, Toby designed graduate courses titled From Challenge to Success; LD, ADHD, and the Spectrum and Skills and Strategies for Inclusion and disABILITY Awareness. She has trained instructors in three states to teach her courses. In addition, she has designed online courses for NaMaYa titled Collaborative Practices for Inclusive Classrooms and Interventions for Students with Dyslexia and Other Reading Differences. She has been recognized by both the Council for Exceptional Children and the New Jersey Department of Education as an exemplary educator, receiving two Teacher of the Year awards. She earned an undergraduate degree in special education from Brooklyn College, a master of science in special education from the College of Staten Island, a supervisory degree from Georgian Court University, and an honorary doctorate from Gratz College. Toby has authored several books and resources about inclusion practices and the CCSS, which are currently used for instruction on many college and university campuses and schools throughout the world. Ms. Karten is married, has a son, and a few dogs. She enjoys teaching, reading, writing, artwork, and most of all, learning. Toby believes that inclusion does not begin and end in the classroom, but is a philosophy that continues throughout life. Hence, inclusion is not only research-based, but life-based as well!
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Best of Corwin
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byToby J. Karten
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.