The Best of Instructables: v. 1 by Staff of make Magazine and Instructables (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $45.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn just three years, Instructables.com has become one of the hottest destinations for makers and DIY enthusiasts of all stripes. Kwn as 'the world's biggest show & tell', makers from around the globe post how-to articles on a staggering variety of topics - from collecting rainwater for lawn care to hacking toy robots to extracting squid ink. Now, with more than 10,000 articles, the Instructables staff and editors of Make Magazine - with help from the Instructables community - have put together a collection of solid, time- and user-tested techlogy projects from the site. The Best of Instructables Volume 1 includes plenty of clear, full-color photographs, complete step-by-step instructions, as well as tips, tricks, and new build techniques you won't find anywhere else - even material never seen before on Instructables. Some of the more popular how-to articles include: the LED Throwie - magnetized electronic graffiti that's become a phemen; how to make a cheap CNC milling machine out of plumbing parts, printer motors, and a rotary tool; invative gaming hacks, such as how to add LED lights and custom-molded buttons to a video game controller; and, new twists on personal items, such as the Paper Wallet and Electric Umbrella.While the book focuses on techlogy, it also includes articles on creating cool furniture from cheap components, and ways of making your own toys. Anything but a reference book, The Best of Instructables Volume I embodies the inspirational fun, creativity, and sense of community that has attracted more than 200,000 registered members in just 3 years. Many of the articles include sidebars that show how other builders have realized or improved upon the same project. Making things is cool again: everyone wants to be a creator, t just a consumer. This is the spirit of the 'new handy heyday', fostered by Instructables.com, Make Magazine , and others, and celebrated by this incredible book - The Best of Instructables Volume 1 .
- Author BiographyThe Editors of MAKE produce the extremely popular MAKE magazine, the Make: Blog, and run the annual Bay Area and Austin Maker Faires. They put their heads together, along with some of their favorite makers, to brainstorm what their dream workshop might look like. For more info: makezine.com.
- Author(s)Staff of make Magazine and Instructables
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication31/10/2008
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width207 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.