All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $37.81
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $38.98
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.83
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $33.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe unique quality of Singapore cuisine makes it among the most favoured in the world. It gleans the best culinary styles from neighbouring countries to produce a distinctive Singaporean flavour. The Best of Singapore Cooking, with more than 300 time-tested recipes ranging from Chicken Rice and Char Kway Teow to Roti Jala, was compiled by Mrs. Leong Yee Soo, ackwledged culinary matriarch who enjoyed the formidable reputation of being the foremost authority on Singapore food. Published in response to overwhelming demand for her recipes, this book is a fine testimony to her culinary skills. Twenty sections highlight, among others, top choices of home staples, sumptuous desserts, hawker favourites, Nonya kuih and specialties. In addition, Special Combinations provides a guide to menus of dishes traditionally served together, as in Nasi Padang. The Best of Singapore Cooking features easy to follow recipes with clearly written step-by-step instructions, helpful hints and useful guidelines to cooking. This book makes an ideal gift and is an absolute must-have for lovers of Singapore food.
- Author BiographyThe late Mrs Leong Yee Soo represented the last bastion of Peranakan cooks whose attention to detail is legendary and for whom cooking skills were developed to a fine art. In this invaluable collection of favourite Singapore recipes, she imparts all her wealth of expertise and gives it that distinctive flavour as only she knew how. From her decades of cooking experience, you can expect only the very best from each family recipe.
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- First Published2015
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width211 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.