All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe state of Texas is fortunate in possessing a rich and varied folklore. This volume is composed of materials published originally in the first twenty-five volumes of the Texas Folklore Society. From the preface by Francis Edward Abernethy: Those old annuals are filled with real, field-collected folklore. Most of that early collected folklore had never been in print before.
- Author BiographyMody C. Boatright (1896-1970) served as Secretary-Editor of the Texas Folklore Society for twenty years. He obtained his M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Texas, where he taught for four decades. His contributions to folklore study and the Texas Folklore Society are innumerable. Wilson M. Hudson was the editor of the Texas Folklore Society from 1963 to 1971 after becoming associated with the Society when he began teaching at The University of Texas. Allen Maxwell was a former editor of The Southwest Review and former book editor for The Dallas Morning News.
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/10/1998
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationDenton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Content Note6 illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMody C. Boatright
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.