Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTensions simmer in the aftermath of 2008's catastrophic financial crash. As the darkest days of the crisis fade behind us, great obstacles to prosperity remain. Mark Field's acclaimed first book, Between the Crashes, explored the ecomic collapse. Now, in his new collection of essays, the City of London MP charts our progress as the ecomy splutters back to life, untangling the rhetoric of deficit reduction from reality, and meaningful reform from political posture.The Best of Times traces the compromises of coalition government and the emergence of a new anti-establishment sentiment, taking in the Scottish independence referendum, UKIP's rise and fall, and the unexpected genesis of Corbynism. Conflicts in the Middle East open a dark chapter in foreign affairs while, closer to home, a shock Conservative victory in the 2015 general election ensures a hotly debated EU referendum.Yet, for all the surprises delivered by the past three years, today's challenges are deeply familiar: shifting global power, generational wars and disillusionment with capitalism still threaten our prosperity. Engaging and unflinching, The Best of Times offers erudite analysis and practical solutions to the challenges facing Britain today.
- Author BiographyMark Field is a Conservative politician, author and solicitor. He has served as Member of Parliament for the Cities of London and Westminster since 2001. He currently sits on the intelligence and security committee.
- Author(s)Mark Field
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.