All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone wants to go on the school trip but one can afford it. Ed, Zac, Becca and Kat decide to try and work for the money. Soon, it is boys versus girls in a bet to see who can raise the most and that's when the trouble starts. One thing's for sure: the competition starts here! Bloomsbury High Low books encourage and support reading practice by providing gripping, age-appropriate stories for struggling and reluctant readers, those with dyslexia, or those with English as an additional language. Printed on tinted paper and with a dyslexia friendly font, The Bet is aimed at readers aged 11+ and has a manageable length (72 pages) and reading age (9+). Produced in association with reading experts at CatchUp, a charity which aims to address underachievement caused by literacy and numeracy difficulties.
- Author BiographyDavid Grant worked in a variety of jobs (record shop manager, architect's dogsbody and psychiatric hospital laundry worker) before training as a teacher and then taking up writing. He now lives in Wales with his partner, three children, three dogs, two geese and seven chickens. David has written plays for schools, a novel, and a number of stories for struggling readers.
- Author(s)David Grant
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleWired Up
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Notemono throughout
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.38
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.