All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, David Penchansky examines the inconsistencies between Job's beliefs and his actions. Adapting the theories of neo-Marxist/postmodernist literary critics Fredric Jameson and Pierre Macherey, Penchansky traces ideological and theological conflicts in Israelite society. The Literary Currents in Biblical Interpretation series explores current trends within the discipline of biblical interpretation by dealing with the literary qualities of the Bible: the play of its language, the coherence of its final form, and the relationships between text and readers. Biblical interpreters are being challenged to take responsibility for the theological, social, and ethical implications of their readings. This series encourages original readings that breach the confines of traditional biblical criticism.
- Author BiographyDavid Penchansky is Professor of Theology at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota. He is the author of several books, including What Rough Beast?: Images of God in the Hebrew Bible and The Betrayal of God: Ideological Conflict in Job.
- Author(s)David Penchansky
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/1990
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleLiterary currents in biblical interpretation
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight7 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine177 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.