The Better World Shopping Guide #5: Every Dollar Makes a Difference by Ellis Jones (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile we generally try to make our vote count every four years, few of us realize that our most immediate power to shape the world is being squandered on a daily basis. Every dollar we spend has the potential to create social and environmental change. In fact, it already has. The world that exists today is in large part a result of how our purchasing decisions have shaped it. The Better World Shopping Guide rates hundreds of products and services from A to F so you can quickly tell the good guys from the bad guys and ensure your money is t supporting corporations who make their decisions based solely on the bottom line. Drawing on decades of meticulous research, this completely revised and updated fifth edition will help you find out who actually walks the talk when it comes to: * Environmental sustainability * Human rights * Community involvement * Animal protection * Social justice Small eugh to fit in a back pocket or handbag, and organized in a user-friendly format, The Better World Shopping Guide will help you reward the companies who are doing good, penalize those involved in destructive activities, and change the world as you shop! Ellis Jones, PhD, is the award-winning, best-selling author of four previous editions of The Better World Shopping Guide and co-author of The Better World Handbook. A scholar of social responsibility, global citizenship, and everyday activism, Jones has dedicated himself to uncovering practical ways for people to make a difference in the world. He currently teaches at Holy Cross College.
- Author BiographyEllis Jones, Ph.D. is the award-winning, bestselling author of The Better World Shopping Guide and The Better World Handbook. A scholar of social responsibility, global citizenship, and ethical consumerism, he gives presentations throughout the US and Canada empowering people to make a difference. Ellis is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Holy Cross College in Worcester, MA, where he focuses his energies on bridging the gap between academics, activists and the average citizen. www.betterworldshopper.org
- Author(s)Ellis Jones
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteTables throughout
- Weight128 g
- Width101 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.